Monday, May 31, 2010

Bold Detox...

It has been a nice and relaxing weekend so far. I've forgotten what its like to not have a to-do list a mile long just for work that is running through my head at all times. I'm basically in detox mode right now...which is fine by me. So be expecting a lot more posts with all this "free time" I have on my hands.

Yesterday afternoon, I went over to our neighbor's house at the lake to invite them over for dinner. I stayed there a while just talking with them and really enjoyed it. I always enjoy talking to this sweet couple. At the young age of 75, he is still working and plans to retire in a little less than two years {which nobody believes will actually happen} and she is just BEAUTIFUL...definitely doesn't show her age at all. I walked in to sit on their sofa and right before me was magazine heaven. She had copies of all my favorites sitting there: Glamour, Traditional Home, Veranda, Southern Living, House Beautiful. Now THAT is a woman after my heart! So we started discussing interior design just a bit and it helped to get the creative juices going again.

I've been stumbling across some new blogs and have listed them in the links at the bottom. Be sure to scroll down to check them out. My friend, Sara, was asking me if I had found any cool new blogs recently, and I wasn't able to give her specifics because I was in work mode. Well Mrs. Caldwell, to name a few of my new favorites they are: Table Tonic, Live Like You and Marmalade Interiors, The Love List, & Full House. If anyone has found a site I don't have linked, please do share.

Okay enough words, how about some eye candy?? Lately I've been REALLY into bold geometrics. Take a look and enjoy...










1 comment:

Megan McKenzie said...

Ooh La La! Im with you on the bold geometrics.