Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'ld give today an 8...

It is far past an understatement to say that I've been put through the ringer this week. And there are NO complaints here because this feeling of freedom is overwhelming.

And so is the reaction my skin is having.

I've always had problem free skin. One of the few physical qualities God blessed me with. I somehow skirted through my whole life with a blemish here and there. Honestly, I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I've had one that is noticeable.

Well, Monday around 2 pm (post resignation), I looked in there mirror and didn't recognize the 13 year old staring back at me. Like I know that I can be overdramatic at times, but this is just disgust to me.

I figured it was just stress and would disappear overnight.

Contraire.

So yesterday, I made myself an appointment at the spa for a facial and today I took an extended lunch and got the ROYAL treatment...


Obviously, NO that isn't me. But I was searching for pictures of an Aveda facial and here's what I found.

Holy moly, I've missed the boat all this time. Now THIS is what lunch is about!! PURE pampering I tell ya. In between several masks under a steam machine, I got an amazing massage. Needless to say, I was VERY unproductive when I returned to work at 2 pm!


And then, to add to the bliss of my day, a co-worker invited me to cocktails at Bonefish Grille {a little side note here: Bonefish Grille in Tallahassee is THE after work hot spot}. So when I walked in with NASTY skin sans makeup, I should have been embarassed. But who cares when you have this brought to you...

A DELICIOUS blueberry martini....

Flourless chocolate cake with raspberry sauce...


And tuna shashimi.
On a scale from one to ten, I'm giving today an 8. There was a major confrontation, but I handled it the way I had always imagined. And I've talked so much today that I'm losing my voice.
But who cares.
God is good. He provides and takes care of me. What more do I need??



No comments: