Saturday, May 1, 2010

Self Assigned Project...

A few days ago, one of my friends sent me a design question I was by no means prepared for. What to do with these guys...

She scored these diamonds in the rough on the never disappointing Cragslist for a DEAL! And now, she's got the dilema of what to do with them. Obviously, they will be re-covered. But since they will be placed side by side in her living room, she has a CHALLENGE ahead of her.

She's done her research and gotten numerous opinions on what to do. Whether they should be covered in the same fabric or coordinating patterns, etc. So, she emailed a blogger who voted to go with the same fabric. Here is a picture she sent of something she had done in another home.

Now, I'm by no means an expert here, I'm just going with my own creative eye here and saying, I'm not sure how I feel about this since the chairs are slightly different.

So, I went to work search the www looking for the answer. Of course, I haven't come close to a conclusion, but I think I've figured out what I would do if these were mine to re-cover.

For the larger chair, I would go with an amazing graphic print such as one of the following...





And for the smaller chair, I'ld go with a solid fabric and have a pillow made in a coordinating fabric.

THERE.

I wipe my hands clean of my self-assigned project.

2 comments:

The Cobbs said...

I agree! I really like your idea.
Plus, I don't like furniture that is so "matchy matchy." Know what I mean?

Megan McKenzie said...

Where did you find that fabric? I am on a never ending quest for the perfect fabric...for every room of my entire house. I am too nervous to bite the bullet on any, but I
L-O-V-E the ones you have pictured.