Thursday, May 27, 2010

Flip the switch...

In less than 24 hours, I'll be done.

Wait, wasn't this supposed to be a good feeling? To know that I ended with my head held high and look back to see that it was a job well done?

Ummmm...where's that sense of relief I keep getting promises about? Yep. Nowhere to be found.

There is no doubts or regrets. I know the decision to move on to the next chapter was a very wise one. Very well thought out and prayed about. But that doesn't make it easier. Neither did the disappointment that accompanied it this week from the association.

I was really hoping to leave with one of those magical moments you see in the movies {like on Sex and the City when Carrie looks over her now empty apartment and smiles then turns the light off}. I was hoping to flip the switch to 1574 B and think back to everything I've learned and accomplished during my year and a half there. And while I hope that its still a possibility, I don't know if it will be reality.

I've already had 2 out of 6 good byes. These were my "family" here. The ones who put up with all my silliness. Who watched me stroll in with dripping wet hair and a horribly mismatched outfit with tear stained cheeks and made cheeky comments like "someone stole my hubcaps" {okay that was out of context, my bad Hines}. These were the people who tolerated my love of creating spreadsheets and master file binders. These were the people who watched me stroll in with Chickfila several times a week and knew if it was going to be a one or two mayo day. These were the ones who helped me analyze, strategize, prioritize...anything with ize. The ones I grew to love. And now I'm going to miss.

But with any major change comes this point where the boxes are packed and the rooms are bare. The future is unknown at the time, but when the switch is flipped, there must be smiles and no turning back. Because fast foward to two years into the future and there will be a whole new life being lived. A whole new set of adventures that were never imagined inside that empty room. And while I know that a Moroccan adventure awaits me, I think I may need a few extra moments in that empty room...just to take it all in and smile one last time.

No comments: