Monday, May 24, 2010

Birthday recap...

This will be a quick post because Mom and Lexington are still here and I want to visit with them a little more before I have to head back to work {5 more days, P.S.}.

I had a WONDERFUL birthday yesterday. I was overwhelmed with how much love I was showered with amongst all the calls, emails, texts, facebook wishes, etc. To be quite honest (ahhhhem Hines, that's for you...I'll throw some more in there everynow and then...you know: because its not all black and white}, I was REALLY dreading the big 26. I know to a lot of people, that still seems young. But to me, it seemed OLD. I think this comes mostly from the fact that I always imagined myself to be married with kids by now. But isn't that how life goes? Never as we had imagined?

Anyway, I woke up feeling good. Not overjoyed, but not sad either. I went to church, where it was Senior Sunday. All the highschool graduates came in decked out in their gowns and caps and the sermon was geared towards them. But for some reason, I felt it was made just for me. There I sat 8 years post HS graduation and felt like I was sitting in their shoes. Probably because I have SO much living to do!

Then Mom and Lexie joined me in the afternoon and we started the celebration activities. Mom treated me to a mini shopping trip, where I, of course, headed straight to Loft. I don't know what it is about that place, but I am growing strangely fond of it. P.S. they have a new mini-line called Lounge. These clothes are TDF. They're comfortable as pajamas but appropriate to wear to work, etc.

After that, we went to a New Orleans restaurant, Harry's, where we had an AMAZING meal!!

It was a VERY nice day. So, thank you to each and every one of you for making it a happy day for me!!

Here are a few of my favorite gifts:

My friend, Allison, sent me two links to some design blogs. And this one was one of the best gifts I've gotten in a while...
This picture does these shorts NO justice. On me, they're a smidge shorter with a more fitted look and the FIRST thing you notice is the amazing woven detail at the waist band.


Mom picked this one out for me to add some variety to my nightly fitness dvd routine. I'll keep you posted on this...

And a GORGEOUS orchid to bring some life and color to this drab place.
***
Thanks again to all you sweet people out there!!



2 comments:

Megan McKenzie said...

You deserve a birthday week! Keep celebrating until next Sunday. At least that is what I would do!

Allison and Ryan said...

I'm glad you liked the links! It doesn't get any better than design with a little snarky thrown in. Also, I will not stop until I get a pair of those shorts. They are fantastic!