Tuesday, December 29, 2009

For Mrs. Caldwell..

Recently, I got to visit with my friend Sara. I was beyond excited to see their new home!! Now, Sara has been a loyal blog follower of mine, so I figured it would only be right to devote a post to her!!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of her beyond adorable home {I think she would have been completely wierded out if I had shown up with a camera} but maybe one day, she'll actually jump on this bandwagon and start a blog.

I've been petitioning for this for quite some time now, but Sara I REALLY think that you have what it takes to make a great blog. You have the most amazing eye for detail and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the way you take ordinary items like simple little vases and use them to add personality to your home! In fact, as soon as I got home, I channeled my inner Sara and tried to spice up my place. It was a miserable fail, but fun nonetheless!!

Anyway, the goal was to somehow achieve that livable, comfortable and incredibly well thought out look that Sara and Tyler have achieved with their new home. Sara, you emailed me a few weeks ago asking me to come tell you what to do with your home, but the truth is I need YOU to come do that for me! ASAP!!

So, I've been doing some research and found several pictures that just remind me of that Caldwell charm. I think that what I love the most about their home is that EVERYTHING has a story. A painting given as a wedding gift that was created from a picture taken on a vacation years ago. Books of all kinds {including text books...these two are ALL about learning...something I should strive for} flanking an incredible set of built in shelves. Little one stem vases filled with just greenery {a la momma marge} and so so much more!!

Sara and Tyler, I absolutely adore you two!! So much, that it makes me want to live in Montgomery again. And THAT is saying something!!

baskets

sliver-mercury-glass-l

rachel bath

lamp base

books

grundtal_HouseObsession

fireplace

rocking chair

dresser2

1 comment:

Sara Caldwell said...

oh my gosh, i am a blogebrity! i am beyond flattered! Thank you for the sweet words and by the way, Mom loved the "Marge" plug!! come back soon!!