Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Moving On...

In true Machen girl style, my sister and I went last minute Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve. I couldn't help but notice that the stores have already started selling spring items. As anti-climatic as it is to buy shorts on December 24th, I was very VERY tempted!!! Anyway, just looking around at what is in the stores now, I see a major nautical/island feel coming our way this Spring. And this is not something I will EVER complain about {especially living in Florida}.

For you girls on a budget {if you're like me, a budget that allows you to buy close to NOTHING}, Ann Taylor Loft has several really cute options. I used to think of that store to be too old/conservative for my tastes. But they have really upped the anty and are starting to cater to a younger crowd.

And of course, my beloved J.Crew hasn't let me down. Here are a few of the things I would die to have...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this whole look!! Who would have EVER thought you'ld hear me say that about a button down and white jeans?? But its true. Yesterday, I was cleaning out my closet and decided to try on my always way too tight white jeans {**sidenote: too tight white jeans are about the most repulsive thing anyone could ever wear} and I was beyond delighted to see that not only were they not too tight, they actually were on the loose side!!! So, once Easter comes and goes, those suckers are going to be put to use!!

No weddings in plan for this spring {thank goodness!!} but this would make for the perfect accessory!!!
LOVING these cute little shorts and Cardigan combo!

And something I think I could use right about now!!

No comments: