Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm back home...
and wouldn't it be nice to plop all my bags down here and just jump in bed? I can dream!!

I got home late last night after a long day in Destin. It wasn't too terrible to stay inside a restaurant all day with beach views, while I worked. Not too many complaints about that. But now, I feel like a big MAC truck has hit me several times.

Wednesday night, after setting up for our event, I convinced my co-workers to have a Harbor Docks sushi night. I've only been raving about how incredible their sushi is for a year, so they just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

As always, it was incredible. (**Sidenote: the best roll isn't listed on the menu probably for modesty purposes. Its called the Orgasm Roll. Try it, you WON'T be disappointed, I promise!!)

It was my boss's birthday, so we had several drinks to celebrate. After her 3rd of 4th glass of wine, she turned into a heavy eyed chatty Cathy. She started talking about how my style has changed throughout the year I've worked there. Apparantly, she can tell the kind of mood I'm in based solely off what I'm wearing that day. She really must have been doing some serious observations.

She pointed out that when I first started working there, I was very put together. Always wearing sweater sets and trousers or pencil skirts and ALWAYS with a set of pearls on. But then, as time went on and I got more comfortable, the Florida vibe just hit me and she noticed the sweater sets weren't making as many appearances and neither were the pearls. All of the sudden, I was wearing chino pants with solid tees and cute sandals. Then we flash forward to the breakup time and I just didn't care AT ALL. I'ld come in with wet hair, no makeup and outfits that clearly were never thought through. After that beating, she did change her tune and talked about how I snapped out of it and now am more "trendy." I'm not really sure how I feel about this.

So this morning, even though I really want to walk in with wet hair and no makeup and a terrible outfit, I'm not going to. There are eyes watching!!

I'm opting for a comfy look today, but with a twist. The best way to do this is wear something that feels good and dress it up with something ridiculously fancy. I found these in my files this morning and think I could really put them to use today!!

Emily at Cupcakes and Cashmere NEVER gets it wrong. I could go for an all black outfit just like this with those cute boots!!


Or I could just wear one of these unique necklaces...



It's Friday, which is good news to me!! Hope everyone has a fabulous over the top kind of day!!

No comments: