Thursday, December 17, 2009

Getting Organized...

There really is no better existence than one with order. I see value in mixing things up every now and then and EVERYONE knows I LOVE spontaneity, but there are certain things that should FOREVER stay organized.

Obviously, a woman's closet is the number ONE spot that should be organized. Personally, I cannot even function if mine is out of whack. Every item has its spot. And if anything has been secretly worn and placed back by a certain younger sister, I will instantly know. I'm OCD...its how I function.

But even if you aren't OCD like me, I can't help but think that you would find major value in keeping your clothes neat and orderly. I should probably start a side business {a la Kim Kardashian...you know that's how she got her start, by organizing celebrities closets!!}. I hear there are LOTS of women out there who just are clueless.

Ever watched the behind the scenes of reality shows {especially old school Laguna Beach} where they show the cameras their closets?? I personally LOVE these segments, by the way. What you'll find is a bunch of clothes thrown haphazardly on old worthless hangers. Racks looking like they're just throwing up clothes. No system in place. Just fabric everywhere. I cringe even thinking about it.

But I can't help but wonder, how in the world do you pick out an outfit? How do you even find what you're looking for? Don't you forget what you have if its hidden in a pile of jeans??

I may be early for the Spring Cleaning post, but I thought I'd share these TDF closets I've kept in a file. {**SIDENOTE: I did a closet post over a year ago, just fyi} You'll see several of these pictures on one of my favorite blogs' recent posts. I didn't steal the idea. I actually have a reason for this exact post.

The theme is organization. If you look to the left hand side, I've re-organized all the links to the blogs I follow according to theme. There's a separate section for each of the following: fashion, photography, home decor and family blogs. I had NO clue how many blogs I regularly follow until I set out to complete this daunting task. And scarily enough, there are PLENTY more I follow.

So for all of you who actually read this shenanigans, you're welcome!!

Now, time to enjoy some INCREDIBLE pictures!!

















No comments: