Thursday, December 3, 2009

Looking Bright...

I'm not one to just go overboard with bright colors. I like neutrals for my home with maybe a splash of color here and there. I wear mostly black, white and cream colored clothes and add in some spice with jewelry. But every now and then, I get this urge to just be ridiculous and go overboard and just be bright.


I wish I had pictures from my first 2 apartments in college. I really don't know of a better adjective to describe these monstrosities besides the word, WHOA!! My first apartment, I had my Grandmomma make me pillows that were cute at the time. They were hot pink and bright green with black ball trim. I thought they were pretty much awesome until my neighbors (who became my best friends in the world) moved in and their apartment was WAY better than mine. With their color scheme of black white and red, I thought to myself, "WHAT was I thinking?" We now laugh at both of these apartments because we've all outgrown our style at 20 years old. Now we all have grown up to a certain degree and our homes have too.


The best part about it is reminiscing about "the good ole days" and 99 % of the time we just laugh and laugh and laugh when we do. You guys would too if you saw my hand painted "LIVE LAUGH LOVE" signs hanging from ribbon above the TV. Or my all white furniture in my bedroom with Pink and Purple and Green pillows with the Eiffle Tower on them.


HOWEVER. I do think that these colors can be used appropriately every now and then. They may never show back up in my home again (sorry future kids...your rooms will not be over the top!!), but I do like to look at pretty pictures of how other people have been bold and took the plunge.

ENJOY!!

The 20 year old me would have stopped DEAD in my tracks and just fallen in love with this!! White Furniture, color everywhere, fashion books...I would have died.
But now, I still love that painting. I'ld die to have that!!

We all know why I picked this picture :)

And this one couldn't be left out either. Again, the painting, I'ld take today. And I love this daybed/sofa. I'ld opt for more subtle fabric choices, but the bones of it is great!!


SO the moral of this story is, take the time to look at your past mistakes, whether it was a Fashion Police DON'T or a college apartment WHOA. Its worth a laugh at least!!


No comments: